Things to Do
There are so many things to do in Devon, Dorset & Somerset – within 10-15miles of the hotel that this is a brief summary!
Our Top 10 things to do
1. Find a Fossil on Charmouth Beach with the help of the Charmouth Heritage Centre http://www.charmouth.org/chcc/
2. Take a coastal walk for as many of the 95 miles of Jurassic Coastal Path as you fancy http://www.jurassiccoast.com/
3. Visit Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Park Farm HQ for a course in bread making, mushroom foraging, or Pig Husbandry http://www.rivercottage.net/
4. Take in the stunning views across the Bay while enjoying some great seafood from a celebrity chef http://www.hixoysterandfishhouse.co.uk/
5. Have fish and chips on the beach at Beer and watch the fishermen haul their boats in by hand
6. Then visit Beer caves to experience centuries of history http://www.beerquarrycaves.fsnet.co.uk/BEERQ~S/Beer_Quarry_Cx.html
7. Take the Jurassic Coast Bus along the coast to Abbotsbury and enjoy the Children’s farm, Swannery and Tropical Gardens http://www.abbotsbury-tourism.co.uk/
8. Stroll along the Promenade at Sidmouth and enjoy an ice cream on the sea front
9. Go Mackerel fishing – and cook your catch for supper!
10. Witness the remarkable art of Stone Balancing on the beach at Lyme by the amazing Adrian Gray http://www.stonebalancing.com/