Archive for October, 2011
Dear Rob & Jo
Please accept our apology for this belated thank you We have been very happily occupied with our lovely grandchildren.
We would like to offer a very sincere thank you for the wonderful reception you provided for our daughter Rowan’s wedding on September 24th 2011.
From our first meeting to discuss plans right through to the Sunday when we left the hotel, we found yourselves and your staff to be friendly, attentive and professional.
Jo, you were so helpful with all the planning and we found it easy and comfortable to work with you in deciding what we required. We felt confident you had understood the details and we were certainly not disappointed.
Rob, you were a great host. We really appreciated the unpretentious relaxed atmosphere, and many of our guests commented on the lovely ambience you have created.
Please give our compliments to your chef – we so enjoyed the seasonal local produce in the wedding breakfast. Please thank all the courteous waiting staff – they are a fabulous team.
Some of us were fortunate enough to stay the two nights of the wedding weekend. Having read a recent travel review in a Sunday paper, we can only agree that ” the bed was quite honestly the most comfortable I have ever slept in”!
You have created a delightful venue for weddings and we imagine you will be very busy into the future. Thank you once again.
with kind regards, Sally & John.
We wanted to share with you the recent successes of our local butcher Complete Meats in Axminster. They have a strong commitment to livestock welfare & using Local suppliers (providing a weekly list of farms so we can tell our guests exactly how far their meat has travelled!)
They have just won the top award in the South West (Category Winner and Regional Champion) for their Traditional Pork Sausages – for the second year in a row!
Of course, we already knew how delicious their Pork sausages were as we serve them on our breakfast menu every morning.
The sausages are available to buy in their shops in Axminster Honiton & Chard, so you can enjoy them at home after a fabulous stay with us at Fernhill.
Winter is definitely on the way, but that’s no reason not to plan a short break in the South West! Save up to £170 with our Autumn/Winter deals..
We offering you a third night FREE when you book 2 nights with us until the 22nd December so there’s no excuse to let the weather get to you – plan a few days’ R&R with plenty of fresh sea air and good food.
Haven’t got 3 days spare? We’re offering up to 20% off our rates for Sunday-Thursday stays as well!
Here are some of the great activities you could be enjoying…
- Walk the stunning Jurassic Coastline - we are on the coastal path diversion and the Jurassic Bus Route so walking and travelling without car are simple. We have many walks available for both the experienced walker and the more relaxed stroller.
- Dine in one of our local Celebrity Chef restaurants – River Cottage Canteen and River Cottage HQ are less than 5 miles away, and Mark Hix’ Oyster and Fish House Lyme Regis is within walking distance.
- Fish the local waters with one of the local fishermen – and we’ll cook your catch for dinner if you wish!
- Tempt the taste buds by visiting some of the many wonderful food producers we have – The Town Mill Lyme Regis alone houses a local Cheesemonger, Bakery and tea & dining room – all have won awards in their class.
- Try some Fossil hunting on the beaches – a truly relaxing pastime with new treasures to find each day! The Charmouth Heritage Coast Centre is a great place to start.
- Head East to Burton Bradstock or West to Beer to relax in some of our coastal villages and enjoy some local produce while soaking up those stunning views.
- Spend some time exploring the historic buildings and gardens we have locally – Kingston Maurward, Mapperton, Abbotsbury and Forde Abbey to name but a few.
- Many museums whether you like Tanks & Military, Tutankhamun, Teddy bears or Dinosaurs.
- For the kids (large or small!) there are many many attractions from Creely to Pecorama and many more!
We haven’t mentioned the shopping, farms, beaches, or the many National Trust properties in the region…there really is something for everyone – 3 days will only scratch the surface!
Book a short stay at our discounted rates and enjoy everything West Dorset, Devon & Somerset have to offer without the crowds this autumn/winter.